are speaking the same language, Maxwell's Equations.
--- In memory of Jin
PIERS: PhotonIcs and Electromagnetics Research Symposium, also known as Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium, provides an international forum for reporting progress and recent advances in the modern development of electromagnetics, photonics and exciting applications. Topics include photonics, plasmonics, metamaterials, antennas, microwave technologies, computational electromagnetics, electromagnetic compatibility, scattering, remote sensing, inverse problems, quantum electrodynamics, quantum optics, material effects, acoustics, electromagnetic theory, and all other modern developments. PIERS is sponsored by The Electromagnetics Academy. For PIERS history,
please visit here.
The Electromagnetics Academy OFFICE
777 Concord Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Conference Quality Committee
- Chair : Joel Johnson (Ohio State University)
- Members : Simon Yueh (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) Kung-Hau Ding (Wright Patterson AirForce Laboratory)
- Role : To monitor the qualities of PIERS Conference and the PIERS Conference Publications
- contact e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Publications Committee
- Chair : Saibun Tjuatja ( University of Texas at Arlington)
- Members : Tien-Hao Liao (California Institute of Technology), Shurun Tan (University of Michigan)
- Role: Processing conference papers and interface with IEEE.
The IEEE-GRSS has the following policies on conference publications. For details, please refer to the website.
The policy is
1. No-show papers are treated as rejected papers
2. The minimum length of a paper is 3 pages
3. GRSS will apply CrossCheck to all conference papers
4. The papers should have no more than 40% overlap with prior publications
Young Scientists Award (YSA) Committee
- Chair : Kazuya Kobayashi ( Chuo University)
- Member : Steven Chan ( NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
- Role: Establish policy and coordinate reviews of applications
News & Events
PIERS General Guidelines
- For PIERS authors,
please visit Submission Guideline.
Authors are invited to submit a one-page summary or full papers no more than
5 pages in English.
- For PIERS session
organization, please go to PIERS
Please visit PIERS Guideline for Session
Organizers for detail instructions.
- For PIERS Exhibitors,
please go to Exibition SURVEY.
- To propose a Short Course
in PIERS, please go to Short Course SURVEY.
- To co-sponsor
PIERS, please send inquiry to PIERS OFFICE or fill out the
- To organize next PIERS,
please email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PIERS Proceedings
[ISSN1559-9450] is published by The Electromagnetics Academy.
Since 2016, PIERS proceedings will be submitted for archival in IEEE
On-line Journals (Online