Design and Implementation of Aperture Coupled Microstrip IFF Antenna
Mahmoud Niroo Jazi, Zaker Hossein Firouzeh, Hamid Mirmohammad Sadeghi, and Gholamreza Askari
Abstract:Design and implementation procedure of a wideband aperture coupled microstrip antenna in L-band frequency is introduced. To improve radiation performance of the microstrip antenna four structures are proposed. The structure with air substrate has the maximum frequency bandwidth. Experimental results of frequency bandwidth and radiation patterns of the optimum structure agree with the simulation results. The antenna has the gain of 8.5 dB, the frequency bandwidth of greater than 25%, and F/B better than 15 dB. This aperture coupled microstrip antenna can be used as an element of microstrip array antennas in IFF systems.
1. Garg., R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipihoon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, 2001.
2. Pozar, D. M. and D. H. Schaubert, Microstrip Antenna, the Analysis, and Design of Microstrip Antenna and Arrays, IEEE Press, New York, 1995.
3. Pozar, D. M., Review of Aperture Coupled Microstrip Antenna: History, Operation, Development, and Application, Microwave Online System Company world wide web site, July, 1996.
4. Targonski, H. S., R. B. Waterhous, and D. M. Pozer, "Design of wideband aperture stacked patch microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 9, 1245-1251, Sept., 1998.
5. Targonski, S. D., R. B. Waterhouse, and D. M. Pozar, "Reflector elements for aperture coupled microstrip antennas," Antennas Propag. Symp. Dig., 1997.
6. Blefko, M. J. and W. N. Klimczak, "A secondary surveillance radar (SSR) antenna with integrated difference and sidelobe suppression (SLS) channel," APS International Symposium, USA, July, 1996.
7. Shin, H. S. and N. Kim, "Wideband and high gain-one patch microstrip antenna coupled with H-shaped aperture," Electronic Letters, Vol. 38, No. 19, Sept., 2002.
8. Ahmed, Z., M. B. Ihsan, N. Chaudhry, and J. Kiani, "Design of a low sidelobe aperture coupled microstrip antenna array," IEEE, 2004.
9. Kreczkowski, A., T. Rutkowski, A. Buda, and S. Kostka, "The microstrip IFF antenna for the airborne radar," International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, MIKON, 2002.
|© Copyright 2008 PIERS. All Rights Reserved.|